Thursday, September 3, 2009

senda salami to your boy in the army

After two full days in my New York hotel, it came to my attention that Bridget and Giovanni were also in New York. Uh what? I had an unexpected morning off, and the three of us wandered around the EV and LES, strategizing ways to achieve bi-coastal living while eating candy and getting tomato-faced from the sun. Our wanderings included a typical new-New York coffee shop (an Adam C haunt) but then lots of Mad Men era (ok Peggy-specific) spots like Katz's Deli and Economy Candy:





Then I had just enough time to meet Angela for lunch. Ange and I were roommates at Berkeley and came to New York for the summer of 2001 to be interns, which was everything you'd expect: sharing the world's tiniest room, scrounging pennies from our laundry pile, finding grand importance in every moment simply because we were in New York, etc. She's doing amazingly well, btw! She excaped the NY magazine industry just before it imploded and now works at Macy's as a copywriter, while also writing screenplays and becoming a media mogul (video journalism site coming soon). Forgot to take pics but she looks exactly the same.

I really love New York. Trying to remind myself not to glamorize it too much and remember why I left, but it's hard when everything is so damn timeless and inspiring and urgent and the people are all so abruptly nice and even the weather is perfect. I just want to live everywhere all at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment