Thursday, September 17, 2009

blergh.

Okay actually this kind of sucks. I'm working 15-hour days writing this research report, seriously from waking to sleeping minus tiny breaks for eating and and one Deadwood at midnight. Plus I'm getting more writing offers. A chunk of October is already blocked off for a project, and even a bit of November. I've turned down a couple small jobs but I don't have the guts to turn them all down; it's just not in my constitution. (What if they stop coming?)

Anyway, um, you might want to stop expecting a completed novel from me when I come home. It's looking unlikely. *giant sigh* What a privileged problem to have, I know I know, boohoo. I was looking for a job and then I found a job and heaven knows I'm miserable now.

You can keep expecting tons from Dan, though! Tee hee.

3 comments:

  1. It's late. I'm up doin' some stuff on the pooter, and it just dawned on me—this hole post is a bunch of excuses and BULLSHIT, Holly! You need to get your priorities straight.

    Love,
    -G

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be a shame to miss out on this amazing opportunity you and Dan have created for yourselves. You are in a writing haven. I hope that you are able to say no to more jobs and have more time for your initial purpose... because soon enough, you'll be back in SF, back to old schedules, and you will wonder what happened. Be strong Holly! Good luck! I am still holding out for your novel... LOVES.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh jeez. I should've read these comments before I made another post full of excuses. We're trying, guys! I turned down another job today!

    Reprimands appreciated.

    ReplyDelete