Thursday, September 10, 2009

reality i accept you

My week has been all work. I'm preparing the analysis of the research I did in NY/SF, plus I have another freelance copywriting assignment. Dan too has had some requests from the home office, although he's still finding time for music, whereas it's been over a week since I've opened the looming "MY BOOK" folder on my desktop (named to distinguish it from the $$ folders, as in BARB'S BOOK and BARTENDER'S BOOK). It sucks, sure; this isn't what I came here to do. But at the same time, the role of reality in our vacation is part of what makes the whole plan so great. It's not just a fantasy. Money is necessary, obvs, and the fact that we're still making it even with all this flexibility gives us hope that this lifestyle can possibly be, to some degree anyway, sustainable.

Dan's not in the same omg zone I described last week -- he seems to have good days and so-so days -- but on the whole he seems upbeat about what he's creating. And he's eating so well! We're cooking vegan meals and doing yoga and just generally being retardedly Californian. But Dan, as is his style, is taking it all the way. He's entering his third week of hardcore Fuhrman eating, and DAYUMN he looks good. As for me, well, Pat just ordered two cases of It's-Its from San Francisco, which arrived in a rather dramatic presentation of smoking dry ice, so my diet has been vegan + It's-Its. I recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment