Thursday, September 24, 2009

blergh + breaks

My workload has subsided somewhat, having finished the monster report, but Dan's has increased. We're both struggling to find creative time in each day.

However: I changed the storyline/structure of my novel and now it's suddenly way more fun to write. I'm actually dying every day for that delicious hour or two when I can put away the paying gig and crank out a page. Yay. I wish I'd felt this way when we first arrived in Hope, when I had entire days free to write, but it feels good anyway.

Of course, we take some breaks. Catan (Tim shown here workin' on a Longest Road):


Pool (the most contact my skin has sustained with the sun since I was a teenager):


Sunset in Broad Ripple:


In other news, my friend Janet from grad school just published her book, The Creepy Girl (the title was my suggestion, she tells me, though I have no recollection of this), and it's getting amazing reviews. Buy it, if you wanna be creeped! And Rachel says John's finished his book too! More inspiration to crank.

No comments:

Post a Comment