Saturday, October 31, 2009

two years ago

A couple nights before Halloween 2007, my friends Jesse and Lloyd threw a party with the theme "Come as You Were in High School." I wore an Elvis Costello shirt, cutoff jeans, black tights, and Doc Martens. It was a blast. Near the beginning of the party, I met a very handsome gay man named Dan.


As it turns out, Dan was coming from a more generic Halloween party and was not, in fact, gay in high school. He couldn't get my number because his spandex shorts did not allow for a cell phone, but he gave me his. I texted something cute and never heard back and assumed that was that.

Luckily we ran into each other again on the actual night of Halloween, when I was Captain Fun and Dan was Brian.



Dan explained that he'd accidentally given me his brother's phone number, and then he told me all about his sensitive singer-songwriter music and his awesome job making ringtones and his brother's band that was about to be signed by an indie label. *SWOON*

Tonight we have no costumes but we're gonna go to Pat's and hand out candy and play Beatles Rock Band. Happy anniversary us. (And congrats to my cousin Sarah who's getting married today! Wish I could be there.)

4 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!

    Picture girls dancing at said Come as you were in High School Party.

    Holly: Leslie, dude, your friend is hot! Is he gay?

    Leslie: HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA. nooooo. not gay. He's just wearing a pink leopard print cardigan 14 sizes too small for fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy anniversary. you guys are the cutest! =) we miss you and love you.

    ReplyDelete